Industry and 0EM Approvals:
TRAXON XL Synthetic Blend 75W-90 is approved against the SAE J2360 Global Standard (formerly US MIL-PRF-2105E) (PRI GL 0796 and 0951). This means customers around the world can be assured of a measurable and recognized quality of performance for their lubricants. TRAXON XL Synthetic Blend 75W-90 meets API Gear Lubricant Service GL-5 and API MT-1 Gear Lubricant standard for heavy duty manual transmissions. TRAXON XL Synthetic Blend 75W-90 is approved by Mack where a GO-J gear oil is specified. It also meets the Meritor 0-76-E specification and meets Scania STO 1:0 requirements for axles and manual transmissions.
Petro-Canada's TRAXON XL Synthetic Blend 75W-90 is a premium multi-grade gear oil formulated to provide excellent long-lasting wear protection to extend equipment life and reduce downtime and maintenance costs. TRAXON XL Synthetic Blend
provides excellent year-round performance for superior lubrication of gear drives found in manual transmissions and rear axles. TRAXON XL Synthetic Blend starts with the HT Purity Process to produce a 99.9% pure, crystal clear base oil. By removing the impurities that can hinder the performance of competitive conventional oils, and blending in specialty additives, TRAXON XL Synthetic Blend gear oil delivers maximum performance.
Features and Benefits:
Excellent Wear Protection
• As a result of its anti-wear EP additives, TRAXON XL Synthetic Blend provides excellent wear protection as proven by its performance in the stringent L-37 wear test. In addition, it has excellent shear stability as proven by a severe shear test to protect equipment being driven longer, harder and faster in tougher conditions for extended equipment life and reduced maintenance costs
• Shear stability ensures retention of viscosity which protects equipment components against metal-to-metal contact and wear, especially at higher temperatures
• Provides superior protection as proven against the five wear parameters of the L-37 test
• Superior oxidation stability provides reduced maintenance costs and increased uptime
• Extends intervals between change-outs up to 400,000 kms (250,000 miles)* for maximised oil life
• Minimises sludge, varnish or hard carbon deposits for better protection against wear
• FZG Efficiency Test demonstrates that TRAXON XL Synthetic Blend provides better torque efficiency vs. GL-5 80W-90s (from 20ºC to 45ºC at Moderate Loads)
• Better torque efficiency reduces friction and lubricant drag for smoother and more efficient operating performance which may lead to lower fuel consumption
Low temperature protection
• Excellent temperature protection for cold weather conditions
• Easier start-ups and cold weather shifting
• Better gear protection at colder temperatures
Petro-Canada TRAXON XL Synthetic Blend is recommended for year-round use in many manual transmissions, differentials, power take off units and final drives found on passenger cars, trucks, and off-highway vehicles used in construction, farm, forestry and mining operations. Consult owners manual for type and grade needed.
TRAXON XL Synthetic Blend is recommended for most oil lubricated universal joints, wheel bearings, planetary gear sets, steering gears and certain industrial gear reducers requiring GL-3, GL-4, or GL-5 oils.
Due to specific lubrication requirements TRAXON XL Synthetic Blend must not be used in:
• Automatic Transmissions
• Power-shift Transmissions
• Hydrostatic drives and systems that include the lubrication of wet clutches and brakes
• Manual Trans-axles on front wheel drive vehicles where an automatic transmission fluid or engine oil is specified
• Spicer Manual Transmissions where single grade engine oils are specified
• Not for use in specific manual transmissions where you must use an API GL-4 rated oil only and a GL-5/MT-1 oil is not acceptable