We don’t just sell oils and lubricants.. we aim to maintain and uphold the fundamental principles set out below in our corporate social responsibility (CSR) policy. These principles allow us to take all areas of our work into account and how it affects the wider community and who we are committed to empowering and helping.
Online Lubricants Ltd is committed to ensuring that any business undertakings are conducted as ethically as possible by following the below policy.
We believe in ethical business and will always do the very best we can for our:
Our company morals and beliefs are strong and stable - We have over 27 years trading and all 25 of our fleet vans and equipment is owned.
We have provided over 400 years of employment and have a succession team in place. We are a market leader in our region, as we are a Total Energies Key Distributor and Petro-Canada Lubricants World Class Distributor, as well as having a maximum credit rating.
We will always care for our employees. We employ locally when we can, promote training and growth, and will always pay living wages. We are a diverse employer, and we offer flexible working.
We offer apprenticeships and other training schemes to young people in our community and ensure work/play balance through social activities. There are regular communications between our staff.
Our customers are essential for our business and the industry to keep running smoothly. We will continue to care for our customers through facilitating urgent and timed deliveries and ensuring a helpful friendly service.
Our team can pump the product into tanks/plant and are available for out of hour’s service with 24-hour contact. With us, it is easy to open an account, and there will always be a real person to assist you.
We will not rest until our customers are happy. We look after existing customers first.
Online Lubricants support both small and local businesses. We will always pay our suppliers on time, especially if they are a small business.
We care for our community by facilitating work experience and apprenticeships for students, school leavers and graduates as well as sponsoring local sports teams and giving to charities.
We are members of:
• The Federation of Small Businesses (FSB)
• Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce
• Good Business Charter
• United Kingdom Lubricants Association (UKLA)
• The 5% Club
• The Kickstart Scheme
We are proud sponsors of our local sports teams:
• Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club – sponsors since 2019
• Barking Rugby Club – sponsors since 2012. We have been club sponsors for over 10 years and work with their outreach programme along with Jo Richardson school to enable work experience programmes. This year we donated a new Physio bench for use by their new physiotherapist for their re-furbished treatment room.
Hiring apprentices has had a positive impact on our business and we will remain committed to supporting the young people in our community. We have been early adopters of the Government Kickstarter scheme with several trainees currently on board between the ages of 16 and 24. This scheme has proven successful in helping our apprentices to gain real work experience, develop skills and gain confidence through training and mentoring.
Our environmental impact is incredibly important to us. We understand that our industry is forever changing and that the products we originally set out to work with are finite. With this in mind, we are promoting fuel saving products, ensuring our packaging is recycled and have changed our vans to Euro 6 Vans which will ensure the harmful gases which are emitted by diesel engines are significantly reduced. We sell energy efficient products and promote spill equipment and biodegradable lubricants.
We are committed to:
• Re-using or recycling unused oil containers, barrels and metal IBCs
• Collecting empty barrels from customers for re-use
• Recycling at our offices and depots and reducing single use plastics
• Digitising our processes to reduce paper use
We are proactive in reducing our carbon footprint
• From the 6th of July 2022, Online Lubricants will be offsetting the Carbon associated with every single product supplied as standard.
• We have a net zero website.
Waste management and responsibility
• We responsibly dispose of waste oil in our depots and for our customers.
Encouraging greener transport by doing the following:
• We encourage staff to walk, cycle, car share or use public transport to get to work if possible.
• We encourage staff to use greener fuels in their personal vehicles if possible.
• Carbon neutral in operations - We have replaced our old vans to the new Euro 6 vans.