Industry & 0EM Approvals:
TRAXON Synthetic 75W-90 is approved against the SAE J2360 Global Standard (formerly MIL-PRF-2105E) (PRI GL 0841). This means customers around the world can be assured of a measurable and recognized quality of performance for their lubricants. TRAXON Synthetic 75W-90 is designed to meet API Gear Lubricant Service GL-5 and API MT-1 Gear Lubricant standard for heavy duty manual transmissions. TRAXON Synthetic 75W-90 is approved by Mack where a GO-J gear oil is specified, listed by ZF as TE-ML lubricant class 05A, 16B, 17B and 21A approved (ZF002212) and approved for the Meritor 0-76-E specification. TRAXON Synthetic 75W-90 also meets Scania STO 1:0 requirements for axles and manual transmissions.
TRAXON Synthetic 75W-90 is a premium multi- grade gear oil formulated to provide excellent long-lasting wear protection to extend equipment life and reduce downtime and maintenance costs. TRAXON Synthetic provides excellent year- round performance, and is particularly suited for extreme cold temperatures, for excellent lubrication of gear drives found in manual transmissions and rear axles.
TRAXON Synthetic starts with the HT Purity Process to produce a 99.9% pure, crystal clear base oil. By removing the impurities that can hinder the performance of competitive conventional oils, and blending in speciality additives, TRAXON Synthetic gear oil delivers maximum performance.
Features and Benefits:
Excellent Wear Protection
• Outstanding shear stability and anti-wear EP additives protect equipment being driven longer, harder and faster in tougher conditions for extended equipment life and reduced maintenance costs
• Shear stability ensures retention of viscosity which protects equipment components against metal-to-metal contact and wear, especially at high temperatures
• Meets European and major North American OEM’s full synthetic requirements as measured by the DKA Oxidation test. The better an oil can maintain its viscosity and resist degradation, the longer it will last. This translates into helping to reduce maintenance costs and increase up-time.
In the DKA oxidation test, product performance is measured by how much harmful viscosity increase will occur over time. TRAXON Synthetic 75W-90 meets the OEM full synthetic requirements by remaining below the maximum limit for the entire duration of the test.
• Extends intervals between change-outs up to 400,000 km (250,000 miles)* for maximised oil life
• Minimises sludge, varnish or hard carbon deposits for better protection against wear
• FZG Efficiency Test demonstrates that TRAXON Synthetic 75W-90 provides better torque efficiency vs. 80W-90 GL-5 oils (from 20OC to 45OC at Moderate Loads)
• Better torque efficiency reduces friction and lubricant drag for smoother and more efficient operating performance which may lead to lower fuel consumption
In the FZG Efficiency Testing, the lower the torque losses the better the efficiency of the gear. TRAXON Synthetic 75W-90 is better than a GL-5 80W-90 oil under no loads, 135 Nm load, and 302 Nm load [20OC (60OF) to 45OC (113OF)].
Low Temperature Protection
• Exceptional temperature protection for extreme cold weather conditions
• Even easier start-ups and cold weather shifting
• Better gear protection at extreme cold temperatures
TRAXON Synthetic 75W-90 is recommended for year- round use and for extreme cold temperature conditions in many manual transmissions, differentials, power take off units and final drives found on passenger cars, trucks, and off-highway vehicles used in construction, farm, forestry and mining operations. Consult owners manual for type and grade needed.
TRAXON Synthetic 75W-90 is recommended for most oil lubricated universal joints, wheel bearings, planetary gear sets, steering gears and certain industrial gear reducers requiring API GL-3, GL-4, or GL-5 oils.
Due to specific lubrication requirements TRAXON Synthetic must not be used in:
• Automatic Transmissions
• Power-shift Transmissions
• Hydro-static drives and systems that include the lubrication of wet clutches and brakes
• Manual Trans-axles on front wheel drive vehicles where an automatic transmission fluid or engine oil is specified
• Spicer Manual Transmissions where single grade engine oils are specified
• Not for use in specific manual transmissions where you must use an API GL-4 rated oil only and a GL-5/MT-1 oil is not acceptable