Industry and 0EM Approvals:
TRAXON 80W-90 is approved against the SAE J2360 Global Standard (formerly US MIL-PRF-2105E) (PRI GL 0794 and 0919). This means customers around the world can be assured of a measurable and recognised quality of performance for their lubricants.
TRAXON 80W-90 meets API Gear Lubricant Service GL-5 and API MT-1 Gear Lubricant standard for heavy duty manual transmissions.
TRAXON 80W-90 is approved by Mack where a GO-J gear oil is specified and listed by ZF as TE-ML lubricant class 05A, 12M, 16B, 17B, 19B and 21A approved (ZF000764 and ZF003389). TRAXON 80W-90 also meets the Meritor 0-76-D specification and meets Scania 1:0 requirements for axles and manual transmissions.
TRAXON 80W-90 is a multi-grade gear oil formulated to provide excellent long-lasting wear protection to extend equipment life and reduce downtime and maintenance costs.
TRAXON starts with the HT Purity Process to produce a 99.9% pure, crystal clear base oil. By removing the impurities that can hinder the performance of competitive conventional oils, and blending in speciality additives, TRAXON gear oil delivers maximum performance.
Features and Benefits:
Excellent Wear Protection
As a result of its anti-wear EP additives, TRAXON provides excellent wear protection as proven by its performance in the stringent L-37 wear test. In addition, it has outstanding shear stability as proven by a severe shear test to protect equipment being driven longer, harder and faster in tougher conditions for extended equipment life and reduced maintenance costs
• Shear stability ensures retention of viscosity which protects equipment components against metal-to-metal contact and wear, especially at high temperatures
• Provides superior protection as proven against the five wear parameters of the L-37 test
• Performs better than competitive API GL-5 80W-90 gear oils as measured by the L-60-1 oxidation test. The better an oil can maintain its viscosity and resist degradation and sludging, the longer it will last and the better protection it will give. This translates into helping to reduce maintenance costs and increase up-time
• Extends intervals between changeouts up to 400,000 km (250,000 miles)* for maximised oil life
• Minimises sludge, varnish or hard carbon deposits for better protection against wear
TRAXON is recommended for use in many manual transmissions, differentials, power take off units and final drives found on passenger cars, trucks, and off highway vehicles used in construction, farm, forestry and mining operations. Consult owners manual for type and grade needed.
TRAXON is recommended for most oil lubricated universal joints, wheel bearings, planetary gear sets, steering gears and certain industrial gear reducers requiring GL-3, GL-4, or GL-5 oils.
Due to specific lubrication requirements TRAXON must not be used in:
• Automatic Transmissions
• Power-shift Transmissions
• Hydrostatic drives and systems that include the lubrication of wet clutches and brakes
• Manual Trans-axles on front wheel drive vehicles where an automatic transmission fluid or engine oil is specified
• Spicer Manual Transmissions where single grade engine oils are specified
• Not for use in specific manual transmissions where you must use an API GL-4 rated oil only and a GL-5/MT-1 oil is not acceptable