Petro-Canada Super Vac Fluids are advanced lubricants specifically designed for use in mechanically operated vacuum pumps.
Super Vac Fluids are blended with semi-synthetic Petro-Canada HT Severely Hydrocracked base oils and an additive system to provide extremely low vapour pressures for maximum pump efficiency. The anti-oxidant system delivers extended lubricant life, under conditions of high pump load and elevated operating temperatures.
Exceptional synthetic-like resistance to high temperature fluid breakdown
• Extends the interval between fluid changes
• Minimises deposits in vacuum pump systems
• Increases pump reliability and reduces maintenance costs
Ashless formulation uses non-toxic base oils
• Creates a clean, low vapour and odour-free work place
Fluid has a High Viscosity Index
• Strong lubricant film present over a wide range of temperatures
• Improves energy efficiency
Superior protection against corrosion
• Protects pumps from the corrosive effects of air, moisture and standard laboratory solvents
Petro-Canada Super Vac Fluids are recommended for lubricating and cooling piston and rotary vane vacuum pumps handling air. They are particularly suited to pumps running at high operating temperatures (100 - 130OC) (212 - 266OF).
Super Vac Fluids are compatible with standard seal and hose materials except natural rubber, ethylene-propylene rubber (EPDM) and latex. Mixing of vacuum pump fluids will reduce the performance of Super Vac Fluids. However, Super Vac Fluids are compatible with mineral oils, polyalphaolefins (PAOs) and some semi-synthetic based lubricants.
Super Vac Fluids are incompatible with polyglycol based products.
Super Vac Fluids are also recommended for use in vacuum pumps handling inert gases such as nitrogen, hydrogen, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, argon, neon and helium.
Super Vac Fluids are NOT recommended for pumps handling strong oxidizing vapours from materials such as fuming nitric acid, sulphuric acid, hydrogen sulphide and glacial acetic acid.
Food industry Approved:
• Acceptable as a lubricant in and around food processing areas where there is no possibility of food contact
• NSF H2 Approved