Petro-Canada Lubricants starts with the HT purity process to produce water-white, 99.9% pure base oils. The result is a range of lubricants, speciality fluids and greases that deliver maximum performance.
Petro-Canada HEAVY DUTY SYNTHETIC BLEND Automatic Transmission Fluid is specially formulated to perform under the demanding severe service operating conditions found in heavy duty transmission systems. It is designed for use in commercial applications where a Severe Duty and Extended Drain Interval fluid is specified. HEAVY DUTY SYNTHETIC BLEND ATF is fully approved for extended drain application in Voith and ZF commercial transmissions. Field testing has also confirmed it is suitable for use in extended drain application in Allison commercial transmissions. Its enhanced thermal and oxidative stability together with its improved high and low temperature properties offer excellent performance in a wide range of transmissions. HEAVY DUTY SYNTHETIC BLEND ATF starts with the HT Purity Process to produce 99.9% pure, crystal clear base oil. By removing the impurities that hinder the performance of competitive conventional ATF fluids, HEAVY DUTY SYNTHETIC BLEND ATF retains its fresh oil properties longer resulting in superior product performance. HEAVY DUTY SYNTHETIC BLEND ATF is formulated with a combination of PURITY and VHVI Base Oils and a leading-edge additive system.
Features and Benefits:
Outstanding resistance to oxidative and thermal breakdown
• Prevents corrosion and the formation of harmful sludge and deposits. Keeps transmissions clean & properly functional
• Suitable for severe service & extended drain
Exceptional low / high temperature fluidity
• Delivers quick lubrication of transmission components in cold weather
• Maintains desired viscosity & oil film strength in high temperature operation
• Earlier drive away and smooth gear shifting during low temperature operation
• Extends clutch life
• Efficient heat removal from clutch surfaces
• Excellent high and low temperature properties
Excellent anti-wear protection
• Reduces wear on bearings, bushings and gears
• Suitable for heavy loading & high operating temperature
• Protects clutches from glazing
Stable friction properties
• High torque capacity avoids clutch slippage & wear
• Maintains transmission efficiency & fuel economy
• Suitable for stop-start severe service
• Excellent shift quality throughout service life
• Prevents clutch shudder in modulated torque converters
• Clutch plates and bands last longer
Compatible with all transmission seal materials
• Helps maintain seal integrity
Petro-Canada HEAVY DUTY SYNTHETIC BLEND ATF is suitable for use in heavy duty fleets for up to 50,000 miles in severe service and 100,000 miles in normal service as defined by the OEM Guidelines.
• Approved for Voith (H55.6336.xx DIWA Service Bulletin 013 & 118, formerly G1363) 72,000 mile and ZF TE-ML 14B extended drain applications. Also approved for Allison C4 (legacy), ZF TE-ML 03D, 04D, 16L and 17C (ZF001236)
• Suitable for use where Allison TES-295, Caterpillar TO-2, MB 236.1/.5/.6/.7, MAN 339 Typ Z2 & V2, Volvo 97341 or Ford MERCON® V specification is recommended
• May also be used in automatic transmissions where a fluid meeting the former DEXRON®- III(H), -III(G), -II(E), or -II specification was recommended
It can also be used as a hydraulic or power steering fluid.