Petro-Canada’s ENVIRON AW hydraulic fluids are non-toxic, inherently biodegradable and recyclable and are therefore particularly suited for hydraulic applications in environmentally sensitive locations. ENVIRON AW hydraulic fluids are robust anti-wear straight grade hydraulic fluids designed for use in both mobile and stationary heavy duty hydraulic systems.
ENVIRON AW starts with a 99.9% pure, crystal clear base oil. By removing the impurities that can hinder the performance of competitive conventional oils, and blending in our specialty additives, ENVIRON AW delivers exceptional performance.
Reduce occurrence of waste water contamination by metals
• Transition metal content in ground water or waste water streams is a concern because it bio-accumulates in the food chain. ENVIRON AW does not contain metal based additives.
Non-toxic and very low odour
• Not acutely toxic to fish, daphnia or algae according to the United Nations Globally Harmonized System (GHS) criteria
• ENVIRON AW contributes to a cleaner, safer and more pleasant work environment
• Can be recycled and reclaimed, unlike vegetable oil based products, which have to be incinerated or land farmed
• Greater than 30% biodegradability within a 28 day period according to OECD 301B (vs. 20% minimum for inherently biodegradable classification)
Excellent anti-wear, rust and corrosion protection
• Designed to meet or exceed the performance requirements of conventional anti-wear hydraulic oils
Superior oxidation and thermal stability compared to competitive vegetable oil based products and conventional hydraulic oils
• Longer oil life, which extends the time between oil changes
• Helps reduce sludge and varnish deposits to ensure smooth, reliable operation of hydraulic valves and actuators
Excellent water separability and hydrolytic stability allows oil to be reused
• ENVIRON AW separates readily from water without loss of performance additives
Excellent resistance to foaming
Excellent air release performance
• Formulated for use within environmentally sensitive areas as well as for use in industrial manufacturing plants
• Can be used in hydraulic pumps with silver bearings such as Lucas pumps because they will not displace the silver in these bearings, as they do not contain zinc-based anti-wear additives.
• NSF H2 listed (no allowable food contact)