HYDREX AW hydraulic fluids are primarily recommended for heavy duty hydraulic systems that operate in industrial plants and outdoors in mobile equipment. HYDREX AW fluids may be used in systems equipped with fine filters down to 3 microns without loss of additives or causing filter plugging.
Because of their wide applicability, long life, rust and foaming inhibiting features, HYDREX AW fluids may also be used to lubricate anti-friction bearings and gears found in circulation, splash, bath and ring-oiled systems.
HYDREX AW fluids are approved against the following hydraulic equipment manufacturers’ specifications:
• Eaton E-FDGN-TB002-E (AW 22, 32, 46, 68, and 100)
• Denison HF-0 (AW 32, 46, 68)
• Fives Cincinnati P-68 (AW 32), P-69 (AW 68) and P-70 (AW 46)
• Successfully evaluated against Bosch Rexroth requirements and meets former RE 90220 specification
• Marlen Hydraulic Power Units (AW 68)
HYDREX AW 46 is approved for use in Engel injection moulding machines.
HYDREX AW fluids are recommended for use in equipment manufactured by Eaton Vickers, Denison, Komatsu, Sauer-Danfoss, Bosch-Rexroth, Racine, Oilgear, Hydreco, Dynex and others.
HYDREX AW 46 is recommended for use in the following injection moulding equipment: Husky, Krauss-Maffei, Battenfeld, Demag, Soplar, and Netstal.
HYDREX AW 46 is recommended for use in Raymond lift trucks and forklifts.
HYDREX AW is recommended as per the following:
• HYDREX AW 32 Voith 3625-006072, 3625-006073 and 3625-008426
• HYDREX AW 46 Voith 3625-006208 and 3625-006209
• HYDREX AW 100 Voith 3625-006101
HYDREX AW fluids are NSF H2 listed (no allowable food contact).
HYDREX AW meets the following specifications:
• DIN 51524 Part 2 HLP (AW 22, 32, 46, 68, and 100)
• ISO 11158 HM (AW 22, 32, 46, 68, and 100)
• Komatsu HPV35+35 pump test (AW 46)
• ASTM D6158 HM (AW 22, 32, 46, 68, and 100)
HYDREX AW 32, 46, and 68 are suitable for use where AIST 126 and 127 are required. HYDREX AW 46 is suitable for use where JCMAS HK is required.
Petro-Canada’s HYDREX AW hydraulic fluids are advanced formula, long life, anti-wear fluids designed for high performance hydraulic systems to provide excellent operating and maintenance benefits for increased productivity.
HYDREX AW hydraulic fluids start with the HT purity process to produce 99.9% pure, crystal clear base oils. By removing the impurities that can hinder the performance of competitive conventional oils, and blending in our specialty additives, HYDREX AW retains its ‘fresh oil’ properties longer providing resistance to oxidative breakdown and outstanding wear protection.
Features and Benefits
Outstanding oxidation and thermal stability
• Longer oil life which helps extend drain intervals for reduced change-out costs and less reservoir exposure to external contaminants
• Resists degradation (breakdown) in high temperatures reducing need for oil top up
• Prevents varnish build up that can interfere with servo and directional valve operation
• Minimizes harmful sludge build up in the reservoir that can lead to shortened oil life, more frequent filter changes, and equipment wear (see inset on the next page)
Exceptional anti-wear protection
• Extends equipment life
• Reduces maintenance and mechanical failure
• Protects equipment being driven longer, harder and faster in tougher conditions
• Improves operating reliability over a wide range of pressures
Improved rust and corrosion prevention
• Iron and other metal components are protected against water damage
Excellent water separability and hydrolytic stability allows oil to be reused
• Oil separates readily from water without loss of performance additive
Improved foam and air entrainment performance
• Prevents overflowing of reservoirs
• Eliminates “sponginess” from hydraulic systems and helps prevent pump cavitation