Petro-Canada’s ENVIRON MV hydraulic fluids are formulated for both indoor and outdoor seasonal use in piston, gear and vane hydraulic pumps found in industrial plant and mobile equipment used in environmentally sensitive areas. When ENVIRON MV is used in systems equipped with fine porosity filters down to 3 microns, there is no loss of additives or filter plugging.
ENVIRON MV 32 and 46 are approved for use by the following OEM and against the following specification:
– Arburg (MV 46)
– Denison HF-0
In addition, ENVIRON MV is recommended for use in equipment manufactured by: Parker Hannifin (Denison), Eaton (Vickers), Sauer-Danfoss, Racine, Oilgear, Hydreco, Dynex and others.
ENVIRON MV fluids are suitable for use in Bosch- Rexroth equipment and when a DIN 51524 Part 3 HVLP or ISO 6743/4 Type HV fluid (ISO 11158) is recommended. ENVIRON MV fluids meet the WGK (German Water Hazard Classification) of 1.
ENVIRON MV fluids are also NSF H2 listed (no allowable food contact).
Because ENVIRON MV does not contain zinc anti-wear additives, it can be used in hydraulic pumps with silver bearings, such as Lucas pumps because it will not displace the silver in these bearings.
Petro-Canada’s ENVIRON MV hydraulic fluids are non-toxic, inherently biodegradable and recyclable and are therefore particularly suited for hydraulic applications in environmentally sensitive locations. ENVIRON MV hydraulic fluids are premium multigrade anti-wear hydraulic fluids designed for year-round use in both mobile and stationary heavy duty hydraulic systems operating in wide extremes of temperatures.
ENVIRON MV starts with a 99.9% pure, crystal clear base oil. By removing the impurities that can hinder the performance of competitive conventional oils, and blending in our specialty additives, ENVIRON MV delivers exceptional performance.
Features and Benefits
Reduce occurrence of waste water contamination by metals
• Transition metal content in ground water or waste water streams is a concern because it bio-accumulates in the food chain. ENVIRON MV does not contain metal based additives.
Non-toxic and very low odour
• Not acutely toxic to fish, daphnia or algae according to the United Nations Globally Harmonized System (GHS) criteria
• ENVIRON MV contributes to a cleaner, safer and more pleasant work environment
• Can be recycled and reclaimed, unlike vegetable oil based products which have to be incinerated or land farmed
• Greater than 50% biodegradability within a 28 day period according to OECD 301B (vs. 20% minimum for inherently biodegradable classification)
Excellent anti-wear, rust and corrosion protection
• Designed to meet or exceed the performance requirements of conventional anti-wear hydraulic oils
Superior oxidation and thermal stability compared to competitive vegetable oil based products and conventional hydraulic oils
• Longer oil life, which extends the time between oil changes
• Helps reduce sludge and varnish deposits to ensure smooth, reliable operation of hydraulic valves and actuators
Seasonal use under wide extremes of temperature
• Allows hydraulic systems to start up at temperatures as low as -36°C / -33°F (MV 32)
• Provides excellent lubrication of hydraulic components at high operating temperatures
• Unlike vegetable oils, does not gel over time at moderately low temperatures
Excellent water separability and hydrolytic stability allows oil to be reused
• ENVIRON MV separates readily from water without loss of performance additives
• Excellent resistance to foaming
• Excellent air release performance