Petro-Canada’s ENDURATEX EP Gear Oils are versatile, high quality lubricants recommended for use in all types of enclosed industrial gear drives where an extreme pressure gear oil is specified. They are also recommended for lubricating all types of heavy or shock-loaded bearings.
In addition, the low viscosity grades of ENDURATEX EP are effective wire-rope lubricants.
ENDURATEX EP Oils offer excellent gear and bearing protection and long service life in a wide range of gear designs. These include: Spur, Internal, Planetary, Rack & Pinion, Bevel, Spiral-Bevel, Helical, Herringbone and Worm gears
ENDURATEX EP Gear Oils are approved by many manufacturers of industrial gear drives including:
• Greey-Lightnin, Hansen Transmissions, Kraus- Maffei and David Brown
• Enduratex EP 68 has Metso Paper approval and is recommended for pulp and paper companies using thermo-mechanical pulping processes (TMP)
• Enduratex EP Gear Oils are MAG IAS (Cincinnati) LLC Approved 500109 P-77 (EP150), 500209 P-74 (EP220), 500309 P-59 (EP320), 500409 P- 35 (EP460)
• ENDURATEX EP 150 is GMLS2 approved
• ENDURATEX EP Gear Oils are typically suitable for use in situations requiring DIN 51517 Part 3, ISO 12925 – Type 1 CKC or AGMA 9005-D95 specifications
Petro-Canada’s ENDURATEX™ EP Gear Oils are premium quality, extreme-pressure lubricants designed for use in enclosed industrial gear drives operating under normal, heavy or shock- loaded conditions. They are also recommended for lubricating plain or anti-friction bearings running under heavy or shock-loaded conditions.
ENDURATEX EP Gear Oils are specially formulated to deliver sustained long-life, anti- wear and extreme pressure protection to industrial gear drives and bearings. These oils are available in nine ISO viscosity grades and two multigrades.
Features and Benefits
Exceptional long life
• Reduces operating and maintenance costs
• Longer oil life helps extend time between oil changes
• Withstands high operating temperatures for longer periods
• Reduces build-up of harmful sludge and varnish deposits for reduced wear and longer oil life
Excellent film strength and extreme pressure properties for ENDURATEX EP equipment protection
• Prevents seizure, scuffing or spalling of gear teeth and bearing sur faces under shock-loaded conditions
• Reduces gear and bearing wear
• Reduces maintenance costs and extends equipment life
Protects against rust and corrosion
• Prevents iron parts from rusting
• Protects copper-containing bearings, bushings, etc., from corrosive attack
• Extends equipment life
Excellent water separability
• Prevents emulsion formation
• Allows water to be drained off before oil is re-circulated
• Eliminates corrosive damage to metal parts when water present
Low foaming tendency
• Ensures a continuous lubricant film present at all times
• Prevents overflow from gear-boxes and oil reservoirs
• Reduces the possibility of cavitation damage to oil circulating pumps where installed