While COMPRO XL-S Compressor Fluid may be used to lubricate and cool all types of rotary vane, reciprocating, centrifugal and lobe air compressors, it is specifically designed to significantly extend service life in rotary screw compressors. It is available in five ISO viscosity grades: 32, 46, 68, 100 and 150 to cover most compressor applications.
COMPRO XL-S is suitable for use in compressors that handle air, and inert gases such as nitrogen, argon, hydrogen, neon, helium, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide and blast furnace gas.
Petro-Canada’s COMPRO™ XL-S Compressor Fluids are premium quality lubricants specifically designed to provide effective lubrication in air compressors.
COMPRO XL-S fluids are formulated to include Petro-Canada’s own pure hydrotreated base oils from the HT purity process, and / or Petro-Canada’s own highly refined and severely processed hydroisomerized and catalytically dewaxed base oils for lubricant performance. Utilizing more than 25 years of formulating experience, Petro-Canada fortifies these thermally stable fluids with a specially selected additive combination to ensure high performance synergy in the finished lubricant.
With excellent oxidation stability, corrosion, deposit control and low volatility, COMPRO XL-S provides up to 8,000 hours of continuous worry-free service in rotary screw air compressors for lubrication, sealing and effective heat removal for efficient compressor performance.
Features and Benefits
Excellent resistance to oxidative breakdown caused by exposure to air at high discharge temperatures
• Reduces oil thickening, maintaining good fluidity through pumps, lines, filters and actuators.
• Controls build-up of acidic by-products that can accelerate oil deterioration and promote corrosion
• Controls build-up of sludge and varnish to ensure smooth operation through fine tolerances
Higher thermal stability reduces carbon deposit formation
• Improves compressor operating efficiency
• Reduces valve sticking and maintains heat transfer efficiency of intercoolers
Improved viscosity index and good low temperature properties
• Improves film thickness at elevated temperatures
• Better cold temperature fluidity for low temperature start-up.
Good protection against wear
• Prolongs the service life of working components such as rotor bearings, vane tips, piston rings and liners
Protects against rust and corrosion
• Helps to extend component life, especially when running intermittent service in high humidity conditions
• Good water separation for water removal and to minimize emulsions
Low volatility reduces oil carry-over into the air system
• May reduce fluid consumption for reservoir top-up